Job architecture is the “what and how” behind defining work and therefore job types, hierarchies and employee segments. A job architecture enables career paths and planning for your employees.
Companies value a job architecture because:
- Firstly, to understand which positions are similar for purposes of pay, promotions, lateral moves, and other internal equity issues
- A definition for the level of shows employees that the company is interested in their development
- It also helps to develop job descriptions, specifications, performance standards, competencies, and the performance appraisal system
- It helps employees understand career paths and it aids management with succession planning and employee retention
- Lastly, it supports the recruitment process by having job responsibilities that assist in the development of job postings, the assessment of applicant qualifications, suitable compensation levels, and other factors related to recruiting employees
Our experience in job architecture includes:
- Understanding compensable factors in multiple organizations and industries (required knowledge, skills, judgment, and impact amongst other compensable factors)
- Additionally, we’ve created and implemented internally focused systems such as point factor plans and job classification frameworks
- Further, we write job leveling guides that are for the architecture and enable better survey matching and internal equity decisions
- Communicating to employees where their job fits in the organization relative to others
Our consultants will work with you to develop an efficient system for defining the responsibilities of each position and placing jobs into grades. Ultimately, by implementing a job architecture plan and associated leveling guides, you can deliver a framework that is consistent, equitable, transparent and credible.
Related Services and Links
Salary Structures, Market Review and Pay Policies are related services to Job Architecture: Salary Structure | Pay Grades | Pay Ranges. Market Analysis and Review | Alliance Compensation.
See all services at https://alliancecompensation.com/services/. View related testimonials at Home – Alliance Compensation. Contact Nancy Ellington for more information, Our Team | Alliance Compensation.
Finally, here is a link to a summary article on job architecture: (coming soon).